Saturday, April 5, 2014

First Day Activities

I am looking forward to getting to have my own first days in my own classroom. The first day/first week I think it is an important step in setting up the whole school year for success. Some things I will do during the first week is getting to know the students and letting them get to know me a little bit. There are a lot of great ice breaker activities out there depending on what grade I will teach. Also learn their names quickly! Another is rules and procedures. I think these are so important and I will spend time modeling as well as having students model. I also want to watch students growth throughout the year and be able to show parents how far their student is coming! I will have students write about themselves and draw a portrait and then at Christmas and another one toward the end of the school year. At the end of the year I may put them together in a book to give to the student to see how they have changed. I can also get information from their writing as to their interests for what books they may enjoy or topics that interest the student. I think the first days/week is so important. Once I know what grade I am teaching, I will be able to plan age appropriate activities and have more of a plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment